Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Big Idea: Spirituality

Artist: Ann Hamilton

This artist is appealing for the bizzare and technological. Her big ideas include spirituality, place, identity and consumption. I am inspired by the scale of her pieces. They are usually installation pieces which are larger than life. This artist's work will be used to inspire the elements in my final. It will use grand scale and high contrast lighting to create a dramatic effect.

Both artist's images can be found at art21
http://www.pbs.org/art21/slideshow/?show=96

"ghost…a border act"

"Untitled"















Artist: Mel Chin

This artist is inspiring because he tackles immense digital design. He constructs maze like patterns for a 3-D effect. It is visually very interesting. His big ideas include loss and desire, consuption, spirituality and memory. I have been struggling with making my images "full". I am inspired to make my images more intricate and filled with interest.

"Knowmad"

"Revival Field"

No comments:

Post a Comment